2. Your rights to your personal data.
With the new European Union Law, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) taking effect on May 25, 2018, individuals are being given certain rights in regards to their personal data. Alexandria Professional® has updated our company policies to ensure transparency and control over your personal data.
The rights given to individuals under GDPR are as follows:
- Right of Access – the right to be informed what personal data Alexandria Professional® processes about you and the right to request access to this personal data;
- Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in an electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service;
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that Alexandria Professional® delete your personal data;
- Right to Object – the right, at any time, to object to Alexandria Professional® processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation and the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right not to be subjected to Automated Decision-making – the right to not be subjected to decision making based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or product a similarly significant effect;
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that Alexandria Professional® change or update your personal data where it if inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Restrict – the right to request that Alexandria Professional® temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
In order to make sure you have access to all of these rights, you can reach out to Alexandria Professional® by filling out this form to request fulfillment of any of the above rights. You can also contact us directly by calling +44 28 9266 1617 or emails us at email@example.com.
3. How do we collect your personal data?
Alexandria Professional® may collect your personal data in the following ways:
- When you create an online account with Alexandria Professional® — when you create an online account with us, we collect certain personal data from you, such as your name and email address.
- When you subscribe to receive Alexandria Professional’s newsletters – when you sign up to receive our newsletters, we collect certain personal data from you such as your name and email address.
- From Third Parties – Alexandria Professional® uses Google Analytics cookies to collect information on how often people look at our website, where they click, and how long they stay. You can find more information on Cookies below in Section 8.
4. What personal data do we collect from you?
Alexandria Professional® collects certain data from you when you choose to interact with our website in the following ways:
Newsletters: when you choose to opt-in to receiving our newsletters and specials, we collect the following personal information from you:
- Email address
Alexandria Professional® Enquiries: there are several enquiry-forms you can fill out on the Alexandria Professional® website, including for the following –salons requesting to become VIP salons, searching for a VIP salon near you, contacting Alexandria Professional®.
While the exact information requested can change depending on which form you’re filling out, the personal data collected can include the following:
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Any personal data you provide in the “additional comments” text box of the forms
5. What do we use your personal data for?
Alexandria Professional® uses your personal data only when the law allows us to. The most common use of your personal data are as follows:
- Respond to any enquiries or comments;
- If you have opted-in to receive newsletters from us, delivering these newsletters and specials to you;
- Improve our services and website through analysis information.
6. Sharing your personal data.
Alexandria Professional® does not rent, sell or exchange your personal data to third-party companies for their marketing purposes. We do provide your personal data to reputable organizations that help us to fulfill your order. For example, we use companies to verify and process credit card transactions, to deliver packages, to schedule and perform product installations and to administer service programs.
We may share your information with others who help us analyze sales data, maintain our records, and provide other services for Alexandria Professional® such as collecting site navigation information. We also may share your information with companies that act on our behalf and at our direction to notify you of additional Alexandria Professional® products and services. These companies may also conduct customer satisfaction surveys and manage other customer services and benefits for us. In any case, these third parties are not authorized to use your information for any reason other than to perform their contractually assigned functions.
We may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties if necessary to comply with applicable laws, subpoenas or court orders.
7. Retention and deletion of your personal data.
The only time we will retain information despite requests for deletion or anonymization is if we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data for situations such as the following:
- If there are unresolved issues relating to your account with Alexandria Professional®, such as outstanding credit on your account or unresolved claims or disputes;
- Where we are required to retain your personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, then we will retain the required personal data for the period required by applicable law.
8. Cookies and other computer information.
When you visit alexandriaprofessional.com, small text files known as “cookies” will be stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow us to enhance and customize your online shopping experience and improve the design of our site. These cookies store random ID numbers and site navigation information such as your first and last visits, number of visits, shopping cart contents, and the pages you viewed on our website. Cookies also may collect certain technical information from your computer. This technical information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your computer’s operating system, browser type and the address of a referring website, if any. The information stored in a cookie cannot be used to identify you personally unless combined with information that you have provided in connection with a purchase, setting up an account, or registering for promotional emails, contests, or surveys. Although IP addresses alone can reveal the location of your computer, we will use such information only to investigate and identify unauthorized activities.
Alexandria Professional® uses session cookies, such as Google Analytics, to observe your navigation throughout the website for the purposes described above. You may set your Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and you may also erase cookies from your browser after shopping. If you delete our cookies, you limit our ability to personalize alexandriaprofessional.com for your next shopping visit; however, deleting a cookie will not prevent you from shopping and purchasing at our site in the future. You may also set your Web browser not to accept cookies. To opt-out of google cookies, please use this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
9. Keeping your personal data safe.
Alexandria Professional® is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. We have implemented appropriate technical and company-wide measures to help protect your personal data. Please remember that no system is one hundred percent infallible.
Your password protects your account, so we recommend using a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and always log out after you’re done using your Alexandria Professional® account.
10. Social Media platforms.
Alexandria Professional® uses the following social media platforms to stay in contact and engage with our current and potential consumers and/or clients. On these platforms, the only personal data we see or have access to is the information you choose to put out publicly. We do not collect any other personal data other than this public information.
The following is a list of the social media platforms Alexandria Professional® uses along with a link to their own Privacy Policies:
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/legal/FB_Work_Privacy
- Instagram — https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
- Twitter — https://twitter.com/en/privacy#update
- YouTube — https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7671399?p=privacy_guidelines&hl=en&visit_id=1-636627711269281697-533003122&rd=1
Alexandria Professional® is not directed at children under the age of 13 years old. In some countries, there might be stricter age law under local law. We do not knowingly collect personal data from relating to children under 13 years of age or under the applicable age limit.
If you are under the age limit, please do not provide us with any of your personal data, including name or email address.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age limit and become aware that your child has provided Alexandria Professional® with their personal data, please contact us using this form or any of the contact methods listed under Section 13, below.
13. How to contact us.